Version 1.9 FinalRelease date: September 7th, 2008
CNet.com: "Of all the commercial RSS newsreaders we've reviewed, none beats NewzCrawler for its breadth of features, ease of use, and intuitive interface."
Read full review
About.com: "NewzCrawler is a fantastic RSS feed reader with a highly useable interface and tons of useful features and gimmicks."
Read full review
RSS/Atom Feed Reader and Blog Client
What is NewzCrawler?
NewzCrawler is a rss/atom reader, news aggregator, browser and blog client for Windows which provides access to news content from various sources:
- Syndicated news given in XML-based formats (Atom, RSS, RDF, BackSlash etc.);
- Usenet (NNTP) newsgroups;
- Web pages (HTTP).
It gathers news content from each source channel and displays them in a number of views: News List, News Balloon and News Ticker. NewzCrawler's user interface is similar to an ordinary MS Outlook Express-like user interface. It supports many back-end headline syndication file formats and embeds web browser for extra fast news surfing.
The main difference from other rss readers is that NewzCrawler rapidly retrieves news from various web sources in background and displays them in comfortable customizable views. It is the only solution available that combines RSS, Atom, Newsgroups and Web pages in one application.
What NewzCrawler will do for me?
With the help of NewzCrawler you'll be able to:
- Read news from various sources: ATOM, RSS, RDF, Usenet Newsgroups (NNTP), Web (HTTP);
- Compose messages with full-featured WYSIWYG editor and post them to your weblog on any Blogger, Metaweblog, MovableType or LiveJournal API supporting website;
- Browse actual news articles in the web using built-in browser;
- Keep informed about the most recent news in elegant manner with News Ticker and News Balloon;
- Synchronize your subscriptions and news read status using permanent or dial-up connection;
- Email interesting news and web pages to your friends;
- Search for news by keywords;
- Organize news channels in a fully customizable tree structure;
- Download podcasts and listen them in your favorite media player;
- Use MS Agent characters for speech synthesis.