RSS/Atom Feed Reader and Blog Client
What is NewzCrawler?
NewzCrawler is an abandoned RSS/Atom reader and news aggregator which can read different types of news sources including:
- Syndicated news given in XML-based formats like Atom, RSS, RDF, BlackSlash
- Usenet NNTP newsgroup reader
- Web pages thanks to its built-in web browser
NewzCrawler will connect to specified news sources and process the RSS/feed data and display them in a list view, a news balloon or a news ticker.
The main advantage of NewzCrawler is the fact it can retrieve news very quickly and updates them regularly. The views are customizable.
NewzCrawler is available now from LO4D.com, a site with a library of software downloads.
Some features of NewzCrawler
- Read news from various sources: ATOM, RSS, RDF, Usenet Newsgroups (NNTP), Web (HTTP);
- Compose messages with full-featured WYSIWYG editor and post them to your weblog on any Blogger, Metaweblog, MovableType or LiveJournal API supporting website;
- Browse actual news articles in the web using built-in browser;
- Keep informed about the most recent news in elegant manner with News Ticker and News Balloon;
- Synchronize your subscriptions and news read status using permanent or dial-up connection;
- Email interesting news and web pages to your friends;
- Search for news by keywords;
- Organize news channels in a fully customizable tree structure;
- Download podcasts and listen them in your favorite media player;
- Use MS Agent characters for speech synthesis.